Let’s just talk about whoopie pies for a second.
I mean seriously talk about them, have you ever found a dessert more practical?
We’ve all considered putting a piece of cake in our pocket… don’t lie, you know you have. You’re at a party, there’s cake, it was AMAZING and you wanted to sneak another piece home, but you didn’t because well, that would be a mess!
See… I was right, you have thought about it.
Well the whoopie pie is the perfect solution. This crossbreed of cake and cookie it the PERFECT treat to stick in your pocket for later. Now don’t get to excited and forget to wrap it up because you you wouldn’t want to get lint in your cake!
These delicious cake sandwiches (I mean even just writing that makes me want to eat one RIGHT NOW!… CAKE SANDWICHES)
WAIT!!! Does this mean they qualify as an acceptable lunch…
Well, socially acceptable or not, I say do it anyway! That’s the benefit of being an adult right? Eating cake whenever we want?
I would even say, HECK, eat it for breakfast too!
I seem to have lost my train of thought… Man my stomach has taken over this post.
Where was I?
Right, talking about the whoopie pies (Ie. cake sandwiches 😉 )…
These sweet treats are the perfect combination of cake and filling and are much easier to take around than a slice of cake (Don’t get me wrong though a good ol’ slice of cake never hurts…)
It’s like an individual portion of cake with the perfect cake to icing ratio and you don’t feel guilty about eating the whole thing!
Well, it’s fall and as promised I’ve brought all the fall feels for you!
These Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Filled with Whiskey Cream Cheese and Candied Pecans will certainly wake up your taste buds and warm your soul.
The warm fall spices, the nutty spice kick of the whiskey and the sweet crunch of the pecan have me dreamin’!
Dreamin’ of the beautiful parks filled with multi-colored trees and leaves all over the ground!
The kids running around playing… the cool air on my cheeks…
AH! The pure bliss of where food can take you.
You may not want to share these, and I understand, truly I do!
But I promise, if you do share, you will be the most popular person among your friends.
Do yourself the a solid and get to baking, you won’t regret it!
|Prep Time||20-30 minutes|
|Cook Time||14 minutes|
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 7.5 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Clove
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 2.5 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Whiskey
- Pinch Salt
Pumpkin Whoopie Pie
Whiskey Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat Oven to 350F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add Oil, pumpkin, egg, vanilla and brown sugar to mixer and cream on medium low until smooth.
- In a separate bowl sift all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add to mixer, while mixing on low. Mix until smooth
- Using a #20 scoop (Yellow Handle) or a scant 1/4 cup scoop 12 scoops evenly spaced on cookie sheet.
- If they are a little distorted or you need to pat down a a piece that may be sticking up, wet your fingers with a little water and lightly press the batter.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line baking sheet
- In small saucepan or frying pan, add sugar, whiskey and salt.
- Cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved (roughly 5-6 minutes)
- Add Chopped pecans and stir to coat, cook for additional minute.
- Pour onto lined baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In mixer cream, butter and cream cheese on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add Vanilla and salt. Mix for another minute.
- Add confectioners sugar and mix on low until incorporated.
- Add Whiskey and mix until smooth.
- Add cream cheese to piping bag with open round piping tip (or star tip for added visual).
- Pipe cream cheese onto the bottom of 1 cake round. Sprinkle some of the pecans on cream cheese is you wish.
- Sandwich 2 rounds together and roll sides in candied pecans.
- Store in airtight container up to a week... if they last that long 😉
- #20 Scoop
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Sheets
- 1A piping tip
- 1M piping tip
- Disposable piping bags
Scant - means not quite... so in this instance, not quite a 1/4 cup.
If you find the cream cheese to be a little to soft, add additional confectioners sugar.
You may also reduce the whiskey to keep it a little more firm.
You can replace the whiskey all together with milk or cream in the filling.
For the candied pecans you can replace the whiskey with water.
Leave a Reply