Peanut butter is just one of those foods that brings us back to a place in our lives that we never want to forget, it’s nostalgic.
I remember growing up eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (or two) EVERY day for lunch, without fail!
And cookies, lets not forget about Peanut butter cookies! The smell of the fresh baked goodies coming out of the oven, oh heavenly!
But really, you could just grab a spoon and dig in to the jar, no one’s judging, at least I’m not because I’d be right there with you asking for the tub!
So naturally I had to somehow make a peanut butter cake, because, well… PEANUT BUTTER!
This cake is the perfect blend of cake and cookie! I mean other than PB&J what better combo could you ask for.
The cake has a beautiful dense crumb but still moist and FULL of peanut butter flavor.
8" x 3"
- 1 Cup Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 and 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In bowl of mixer add oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and mix on medium low until smooth
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk to egg mixture in mixer. Mix on medium low until combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients. Mix on medium low until no lumps.
- Add peanut butter and mix until smooth
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix until no lumps on medium low.
- Prepare cake pan using GOOP (homemade cake release, see below). You can prepare 1 8"x3" pan or I prefer to bake in 2 8"x2" pans.
- Bake at 325F until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Unsure what GOOP is? Check out this blog post to find out more..
This cake is amazing when paired with some classics like, raspberry jam, dark chocolate ganache, and even a peanut butter buttercream!
Grab your apron, get in the kitchen and have some fun!
Leave a Reply