So before you turn your nose up, and stop reading, trust me …
Ok well you may not know me from Joe, so trust may be a stretch, it is the internet after all and we aren’t supposed to believe everything we see.
But when I was given the challenge to use hard boiled eggs in a dessert honestly the first thing that came to mind was cookies!
Who doesn’t like cookies, chocolate chip cookies especially.
Chocolate chip cookies are a sacred thing for most and usually we are passed down some form of secret recipe from our grandmothers grandmothers sisters aunt… OK maybe a little drastic but kind of true.
So I was taking a HUGE risk messing around with what was already a great chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Well I assure you the risk paid off or I wouldn’t be sharing this with you… no seriously, some things are better left in the trash bin.
I had never baked using hard boiled eggs before but had heard that it can give baked good a nice tender crumb. I also knew that they are used in some sablé style cookie (salty, crumbly cookie).
I wanted a more tender cake like cookie and believe it or not that is EXACTLY what I got with this recipe.
For those who may not know I made these cookies on Spring Baking Championship and got rave reviews from the judges.
In fact Duff wanted a full bowl of them!
Don’t get me wrong the smell of the eggs can be off putting and yes smells like farts, but the smell does go away!
Grab your apron, your left over eggs from breakfast and make something sweet
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||7-9 Minutes|
- 1 Cup Soft Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed brown sugar
- 2 Large Whole Hardboiled Eggs Roughly chopped
- 3 TBSP Milk
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips I used the candy coated mini chocolate chips
- 2.5 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- In food processor add butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla (Yes the smell is odd… yes it smells a little like farts... Don’t panic that is the eggs and it WILL go away!)
- Process until smooth and creamy and smooth
- Scrape the butter mixture into bowl of mixer
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using the paddle attachment, add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Reserve ½ cup of Chocolate Chips.
- Fold remainder into mix by hand.
- Scoop out table spoon size balls, Dip top into reserved chocolate chips and Press “flat” onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes (turning once) until light golden on the bottom. DO not over bake or they will dry out nothing a little bit of milk can't fix
Leave a Reply