This recipe comes to us from Kara’s Couture Cakes
However being a little lazier than she, I cut one more corner…
This cream is AMAZING for entremets (you know those shiny cakes…) It’s sturdier than a mousse, and SUPER quick and simple.
Traditionally Diplomat cream is made using Pastry Cream (Got an AMAZING recipe for that here)
Kara cuts a corner in hers to use cook and serve pudding …
And well I was being a little lazier and chose to cut one more corner and went with instant pudding!
- 8 oz Instant pudding prepare according to package instrutions
- 3 packets Knox Gelatine bloomed in 1/2 cup of water
- 8 oz Whipped Cream Whip w/ 1/2 tsp of vanilla bean paste, 2 Tbsp of icing sugar
- Whip 8 oz of heavy cream with vanilla bean paste, and confectioners sugar. Set aside
- After gelatine has bloomed, melt in microwave until liquid, about 20-30 seconds.
- Working very quickly add gelatine to pudding, and mix thoroughly.
- Add cream 1/3 at a time. I whisk in the first 1/3 and then fold in the other 2.
- fill your molds immediately as this cream set VERY QUICKLY
Now go make a mess and HAVE FUN doing it!!!
Grab the recipe for Mirror Glaze here!
Facebook live video on making the Diplomat cream and how to fill the molds
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply